Saturday, June 1, 2024

Ink Smooshing - Totally Techniques

It is time for another blog hop with the Totally Technique design team.

This month we are doing Ink Smooshing. This can be done in a number of different ways, with a mix of ink and water.

I had some photos from a few very wet days last year where we had family visit. I also had an idea of what i wanted to do and it fit very well into this month's technique. However, it is all retired stamps and dies that I used - sometimes we need to use our stash ðŸ™‚

I added some Night of Navy ink to a plastic container and spritzed some water with a Stampin' Spritzer. I took an acetate sheet from a Photomolymer Stamp set and dipped it into the ink. I then smooshed the ink onto a piece of retired Shimmer White cardstock. If I was making a card i would have used a sheet of water colour paper, but I wanted a bigger piece, so had to dip into the retired stash for an A4 size Shimmer White.


I really liked this effect. You could also do this with alcohol in the spritzer instead of water and then add to Thick Basic White cardstock.

I added this piece to a piece of Basic Grey 12x12 cardstock and stamped some clouds and water puddles from the retired Playing in the Rain stamp set. I think stamped more clouds and umbrellas from the retired Under my Umbrella stamp set. I stamped these on Shimmer White and coloured with ink and a water painter.

I stamped a couple of characters and puddles on Basic White cardstock and coloured with Stampin' Blends. I cut all these out with the matching dies.

I then cut some leaves from the retired Tropical Thinlits dies in Granny Apple Green and some leaves from the retired Little Letters Thinlits dies.

I matted my photos on white and black and then added it all together.



This is not my usual scrapbooking style, but I really like how it turned out. Now i just need to make the second page to go with it ðŸ™‚

Hope you like it and don't forget to use your stash.

Hop along and check the creations from the rest of the design team.

Happy Stamping!

 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment