Totally Techniques – Metallic Embellishments
Hello and welcome to another Totally Techniques International Design Team Blog Hop!
This month our technique is Metallic Embellishments, and I decided it was the perfect opportunity to play some more with the fabulous new Stampin’ Up! Hot Foil System.
After using the Hot Foil System for my last project, I couldn’t resist bringing it out again - this time with the beautiful new Lustrous Leaves Bundle. This bundle includes a hot foil plate, coordinating dies and stencils, giving you so many different options for creating gorgeous leafy designs.
For my card, I started with a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and used the Lustrous Leaves foil plate with Gold Foil to create the leafy background. I love how the fine gold lines catch the light without overpowering the card.
I layered the foiled Very Vanilla panel onto Pecan Pie cardstock, before adding it to a Very Vanilla card base. The warm tones of Pecan Pie work beautifully with the gold and give the card a lovely, elegant feel.
Next, I created several more leaves by hot foiling them in gold onto Very Vanilla cardstock.
This time, instead of leaving them uncoloured, I used the coordinating Lustrous Leaves stencils to add colour with ink blending. I used different colour combinations for each of the leaves - Golden Glow, Cajun Craze and Pecan Pie; Golden Glow, Granny Apple Green and Old Olive; Golden Glow, Cherry Cobbler and Blackberry Bliss.
I really love the effect this gives! The gold foiling remains crisp and shiny over the blended colours, while the different shades give the leaves a rich, autumnal look.
Once I was happy with the colour, I used the coordinating dies to cut out the individual leaves.
For the sentiment, I stamped in Pecan Pie ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock and die cut it with a label die.
I kept the sentiment quite simple because there was already plenty happening with the foiling and colourful leaves. The Pecan Pie ink also ties in beautifully with the cardstock layer underneath. I arranged the leaves behind the sentiment label and popped the label up with Dimentionals.
The finished card has lots of metallic shine, but I think the combination of Very Vanilla, Pecan Pie and gold keeps it soft and elegant. And those colourful leaves add just the right little pop of colour.
I’m really enjoying experimenting with the new Stampin’ Up! Hot Foil System. There are so many different ways to use it, and I particularly love that the Lustrous Leaves Bundle lets you combine foiling, ink blending and die cutting all in one project.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Make sure you continue through the Totally Techniques Blog Hop to see how everyone else has interpreted this month’s Metallic Embellishments theme. I’m sure there will be plenty of gorgeous inspiration!
Happy stamping!
Stampin’ Up!
Lustrous Leaves Bundle - Hot Foil Plate, Dies & Stencils - available September 2026
Stampin’ Up! Hot Foil System
Gold Foil
Very Vanilla Cardstock
Pecan Pie Cardstock
Pecan Pie Classic Stampin’ Pad
Technique: Hot Foiling / Metallic Embellishments / Ink Blending / Die Cutting

No comments:
Post a Comment